Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing #17 Web-based applications: not just for desktops anymore

I really liked Zoho writer because you can set up collaborations with whom you can share documents with, allowing them to edit and discuss documents that you have created. I shared a document I created with Mary and Debbie, allowing them to edit the document. I also published the page as a public page to be viewed by whoever is interested in looking at it. I also liked Zoho Writer because I can save documents online and access them them anywhere and I don't have to carry my USB drive around with me. A couple of other good things about Zoho Writer are that you can export files as a Word document or text file to use inside Word and can even export files as .pdf documents or HTML.

I used several of the templates on Zoho Writer and edited them. I then saved them under my templates to be used in the future. Two of the ones that I created were a Membership Certificate to recognize my library helpers at the shelves where they work and another template for a Student ID Badge for my library helpers so they can leave the cafeteria after eating, to come to the library to work.

Another one that I created was a Student Project Assessment document so that students can share in what ways they contributed to their group's research project and what they would do differently next time working in a research group.

The other document that I created was a Team Meeting document for planning with grade levels. They can go in and add information to the document themselves as well. Here is a link to this document:

1 comment:

library gal said...

Your blog is great. Your ideas on how to use the tools we are learning are wonderful. I need to thank you because when I get confused I can check your blog and get a handle on how to use the tool better than what I originally thought. I didn't realize that you could share a created document with others on Zoho Writer and that you could collaborate in the process.