Thursday, January 17, 2008

More Discoveries

I created my wiki a day or so ago. Then I was going back in and editing it and adding to it. I came across a PowerPoint presentation that I can show to my faculty and students that explains what a wiki is and how it can be used. I plan on sharing this PowerPoint at a faculty meeting soon.

I also discovered that you can insert such things as a calendar, video and slide show into your wiki. I spent about 1 minute taking pictures of my 5th grade classes using the laptops for their research on the Birth of American Democracy. I then uploaded the pictures to Slide.com and created a slide show and inserted it into my wiki in less than 5 minutes. This is the most exciting "Thing" I have done so far! I love it! I can see myself becoming addicted. I know how I will spend a good part of my summer now.

Click on the pbwiki icon in my sidebar on the right to get to my wiki and check it out. I have also added my 5th grade Birth of American Democracy unit with links to webpages and handouts. I am in the process of working on the 1st Grade Our Heroes and Legends research unit.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Those pictures you took are AMAZING! The kids look so engaged and interested in what they are doing. They are working so hard - I love it!