Monday, October 29, 2007

Thing #6 Flickr mashups

There are so many 3rd party tools associated with the Flickr website. You could spend weeks exploring all the different things available and create almost anything you could imagine. I really like the mosaic maker. I could post multiple pictures on my school website of Children's Book Week, our Scholastic Book Fair, research project pictures, my library helpers, etc. I also liked the postcard maker. My 4th grade students could create a postcard based on the region of Texas that they researched. Another favorite of mine is the trading card maker. I could create trading cards of my library helpers and recognize them on the library website.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Mosiac maker was my favorite too!

mmw said...

You might have to come up with an alias for each student in order to post their trading cards on the web, but I think that would make it even more fun. How about "Freddy 500s" or "Evelyn Easybooks"?